If you sensor is stuck on one temperature and it is not changing there are a few things you can do to solve the problem.
1) Check the sensor battery to ensure the battery still has power!
- If your sensor battery is drained and you have not seen the in-app or email warning to replace the battery, your sensor will stop working. This can sometimes result in the sensor reporting the same temperature.
- To fix this issue: Open the sensor by twisting the top 45 degrees & press the black button. If a red light does not appear - this means that you battery has run out. Please replace the battery with a CR123v battery.
2) Update your sensor firmware!
- If your sensor is repeatedly reporting the same temperature you may need to update the firmware of the sensor.
- To update the sensor firmware - in the app open the room in question > room settings > sensor managment > update firmware & follow the on-screen instructions.
- The firmware update can sometimes take a few minutes so please be patient and monitor the red light on the sensor. The light should remain on!
Once you have completed your checks please wait for 15-20 minutes to see if the temperature in the sensor has started changing. If the temperature has not changed please write to our Tech Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)